Use it or lose it! Have you heard of that expression? Can you imagine that this expression also applies to confidence?
Confidence is the theme for this month. I work with many of my clients around confidence. Most of the time this gut-wrenching question arises when we have reached a point in life where we’re ready for a change. We’ve exercised confidence in our past endeavors, but now we’re headed for something new! This lack of self-confidence is not a lack of intelligence or resources, but it’s a lack of belief in oneself which means not fulfilling our true potential.
Confidence isn’t luck. It’s not based on our ability to succeed, but our belief that we can succeed.
Whatever we believe, we can achieve.
Achieve anything you really want to do. Is it to lead a team, begin a new business, retire to a foreign country, speak in front of an audience, change career or retire, begin online dating, run a marathon or learn a new technology.
How do you build self-confidence? Here are a few suggestions:
- Act “as if”. I remember reading this in Jack Canfield’s book, The Success Principles. This practice is so empowering and makes you feel as if you’ve already accomplished what you’ve set out to do.
- Overcome the fear. What is it you want to do? Clear you mind, see it, feel it, and be it!
- What is the posture of a self-confident person. Is it shoulders rounded while looking down? Or is it standing tall, shoulders back, head high? I can hear my grandmother telling me that now along with “pick up your feet”.
- Do you have a hero or she-ro? Channel that person. Watch them and how they act or behave to be successful in what they do. What behaviors can you change to be and act more confident. Believe me! People will notice.
- Now that you know what you want and not what scares you, visualize the positive experience. Visualize it happening whether it’s having that important discussion with your partner or child that you’ve been putting off or it’s taking charge of a meeting. Act “as if”.
The more success you have with moving forward the better it gets. The better it gets, the better it gets. So go on out there and TAKE CHARGE!
And if you need help taking charge in moving forward, please give me a call or email me to chat about your desires and how I can help you. It’s difficult to do things alone. We all need help and I’m here to help YOU!
And be on the lookout for a special offer at the end of the month to help you build that confidence. Yes, you can do it!!!
Wishing you a Happy Summer Solstice!
Take Charge! Coach and Mentor